Your cart is currently empty!
September 23, 2022
DR. FORTINO, PHILADELPHIA’S MEDICAL MARIJUANA DOCTOR
FREQUENTLY ASKED MEDICAL MARIJUANA QUESTIONS
What is Decarboxylation?
Decarboxylation, aka decarbing, is a process which involves applying low heat for an extended period to convert cannabis’ non-intoxicating THCA into THC, the cannabinoid known for its psychoactive effects. Without decarboxylation, the effects of DIY edibles may be weak or lackluster, at best. Decarboxylation is easy enough to do at home using tools you likely already have in the kitchen. Here you will find instructions for decarbing in an oven.
Items you will need:
- Baking tray (preferably Pyrex)
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Set your oven temperature to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and place the oven rack in the middle position. Ovens are hotter at the top and cooler at the bottom, placing it in the middle will ensure that you are decarboxylating at the ideal temperature.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to the size of your baking sheet and lightly crumple it, then lay it across the baking sheet. This will minimize the direct contact of the cannabis to the baking sheet, which conducts heat better than aluminum foil and will get hotter than the air in the oven.
- Lightly break up the cannabis until it is about the size of a grain of rice, too fine of a grind increases the risk of burning. Spread the cannabis across the aluminum foil, then lightly lay another piece of aluminum foil on top. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. The cannabis should look lightly toasted and golden brown. When it is cool enough to handle, carefully put your decarboxylated cannabis into a storage container to use for future cooking.
Speak with a Medical Marijuana Doctor in Philadelphia Today.
Still have questions about medical marijuana?
Do they offer medical marijuana cards for Veterans in Pennsylvania?
Do medical marijuana doctors offer discounts on medical marijuana cards for Veterans in PA?
Where are the medical marijuana dispensaries near me?
How do I find a medical marijuana doctor near me?
Can I apply for a medical marijuana card in Pennsylvania online?
Call Dr. Fortino, Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana doctor for details 215.925.5555
Providing Medical Marijuana Cards in PA and NJ for qualifying patients.