Your cart is currently empty!
May 18, 2022
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid obtained from the diet. It is a necessary building block for protein synthesis, strengthen the collagen structure, DNA function, and in the making of other amino acids. It functions to enhance fatty acid metabolism as well, which can help with hunger and craving control. People cannot make lysine therefore it is an essential amino acid. That means we must obtain it from our diet or supplements.
L-Lysine is needed for the uptake of essential mineral nutrients, and the production of carnitine, which is key in fatty acid metabolism. Lysine prevents our DNA from becoming tangled and damaged and has an important roles in gene regulation and DNA replication.
L-lysine promotes immune support, skin and tissue function, growth, and healing. Due to its importance in several biological processes, a lack of L-Lysine can lead to several disease states including defective connective tissues, impaired fatty acid metabolism, anemia, and systemic protein-energy deficiency.
Good sources of lysine are high-protein foods such as eggs, meat, soy, beans, legumes, peas, cheese, and certain fish such as cod and sardines. There are small amounts of Lysine found in cereal grains.
Who can benefit from L-Lysine?L-Lysine is safe for anyone that is experiencing cravings that come about during the day. It is particularly useful to help reduce the craving sensation that can occur in the late evening and before bedtime. Dr. Fortino’s L-Lysine injection is a safe and effective way to help you control your appetite without using prescription medications that can have side effects which may keep you awake all night.
- Reduces appetite and cravings
- Support immune function in building antibodies
- Aids in wound healing and muscle recovery
- Promotes collagen production
- Promotes healthy skin and hair growth
- Promotes a calming effect and reduces anxiety
- Used as an aid to treat osteoporosis and high blood pressure
For over twenty years, Dr. Fortino has earned his reputation as the Philadelphia areas Premier Diet Doctor. His Philadelphia and South Jersey weight loss offices have become the “go to destination” for people seeking safe and effective medically supervised weight loss treatments. It’s easy to get started. or call our Philadelphia weight loss office @ 215.336.8000 or our New Jersey weight loss office @ 856.318.4100.
- Venthan J. Mailoo, BSc(Hons) and Sanketh Rampes. Lysine for Herpes Simplex Prophylaxis: A Review of the Evidence [PMC free article] 2017
- Spallotta F, Cencioni C, Straino S, Sbardella G, Castellano S, Capogrossi MC, Martelli F, Gaetano C. Enhancement of lysine acetylation accelerates wound repair. Commun Integr Biol. 2013;6:e25466. doi: 10.4161/cib.25466. [PMC free article] 2013
- Smriga M., Ando T., Akutsu M., Furukawa Y., Miwa K., Morinaga Y. Oral treatment with l-lysine and L-arginine reduces anxiety and basal cortisol levels in healthy humans. Biomed. Res. 2007;28:85–90. doi: 10.2220/biomedres.28.85. – DOI – [PMC free article]
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Dr. Fortino makes no therapeutic claims for any products. These supplements are not intended to diagnose or treat any disease or medical condition. Use of the supplements is strictly voluntary.